Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Burden of Meaning

So I was discussing with my friends Jesse, Matt and Andrew about meaning. Matt and Andrew kinda in their own world playing the guitar but Jesse and I were in deep conversation about what specifically I meant about knowing what our meaning is as humans. He was giving plethora of references before he came to the conclusion of saying "if you knew your purpose, what would you do with it?" "What if some higher evolved being created you for the sole purpose of being a dentist, would that satisfy the meaning of your life?"
These were pretty perplexed questions (although hypothetical situations), namely because it shows that if you discovered your purpose in life, whatever it is, what would that do for you? What if your purpose isn't something you want to do? Then what?

A very interesting take on meaning for sure and definitely one i'm going to look into a bit more to see if I actually am searching for my purpose in life as opposed to overall universal meaning and understanding.

Just something interesting I thought I'd share from today.


No comments:

Post a Comment