Sunday, April 15, 2012

To be a hermit

I've been thinking about making this arbitrary transition in my life so I can finally achieve true contentment. But it seems this is too heavy a decision to make given my circumstances in life, but isn't that the point of becoming a hermit? To show that you do not need to be governed by society, you can create your own path and live peacefully among nature.

I'd like you all to read this passage I came across today;

For the spiritual hermit, or ascetic, he or she lives a total life of seclusion. Preferably, they live in a cave or forest, far from any civilization. This allows the hermit to live in silence, and to focus on the natural flow of creation. This in turn gives him or her an understanding of the purpose and true blessings of life. These hermits live beyond the ego in a state that brings total contentment.&<------ THIS IS WHAT I WANT!

Refer to this link for more info---> http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-hermit.htm


2 comments:

  1. I think that's an interesting perspective. In that, can be the extreme. Most people live thinking they "need" and "must have" relationships and social interactions to survive.

    We may be social by inheritance, but that doesn't mean we appreciate the propensity of that. Far too much people look to be surrounded, and in that they fail to see things clearly and objectively.

    I can understand how that may be appealing. It's definitely a hard choice to make, and even harder to keep. But at the same time, extreme position need not be taken to rid oneself of societal governance.

    NICE BLOG BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes certainly it is an extreme, but sometimes when you truly want to achieve something you have to go to the extreme. But thank you, I appreciate your comments very much :)

      Humans are social by nature, it is how we were able to thrive as primitive beings, but now that we've advanced and have added all these new social constructs to everything, it is much harder to have a clear mind about anything. I believe this leads to bad decision making, namely the destruction of the environment physically and the destruction of our fellow man mentally.

      In regards to societal governance and I guess how I feel about the people around me and how they affect me on a daily basis, I would find it super hard to rid myself of such a hindrance without complete isolation, but maybe there are ways that I'm just not aware of.

      Delete