Saturday, April 14, 2012

A walk to school


.....I walk to school and I feel my imagination hard at work, creating an alternate reality for myself. In this alternate reality I see myself on a beautiful beach somewhere far away, with the sun setting, leaving everything in its range lit in a brilliant red-orange glow. On this beach no one else exists except me and my woman. We lay in the sand, enjoying each other’s presence, while the ocean sounds soothe us to a state of ultimate relaxation. In this alternate reality I sometimes see myself walking through a field of flowers in middle of the night, with the moon shining its sliver glare over everything. I continue to walk through this field of flowers and think of a peaceful world and wish that one day it might become a reality, but then I look to my side and see my beautiful woman smile at me and with the shine of the moon, it appears as though I am walking next to an angel. I look down and think; why wish for anything when God has already granted the greatest wish? In this alternate reality, I see myself venturing through the amazon to explore the unexplored. A monkey jumps down from the trees and pulls on me, I glance at it and smile, admiring the beauty of creation, and I began to play with it. In this alternate reality, I have three beautiful children, with my lovely wife. I give these children everything a father can; love, affection, gifts, and knowledge. After a long day at work, I come home and I kiss my children goodnight. I slip into bed with my wife and cuddle with her. I look into her eyes and tell her I love her and kiss her goodnight. In this alternate reality in which my imagination has created, everything seems so perfect, but then I open the doors to my school and my imagination ceases to create these imaginative thoughts. It is as though a mental block has been placed on my mind. I anticipate the end of school. I leave the building and return to my imaginary paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment